Sunday, June 7, 2009

Running June 2 and 4, 2009

Mrs. Todoroff and I went jogging together twice last week on Tuesday and Thursday, and I wasn't sore the next day after either day of running, so I think I am making improvement in both mental motivation and physical tolerance, that I can do it twice in a week and not be falling apart. On Tuesday, the first stretch we ran was much longer than usual, but I was determined to do it and kept going until we had reached our mark, and even though after doing that, my heart was burning, it felt good that I pushed myself to keep going and I did. On Thursday, Mrs. Todoroff's foot was really hurting her and it was rough trying to run for long stretches, but I tried to encourage both of us by chugging along myself (if one person is still running, the other one feels more motivated to keep moving too) and by saying "we're almost there" and looking at things optimistically: "even if you can't make the entire stretch, at least you're getting your heart rate up."
We are going to try to run once or twice more this week, and hopefully I can find a new running partner for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment